home > about rope access
What is industrial rope access?
Qualified personnel using harnesses and rigged ropes in accordance with published guidelines to solve access problems and achieve tasks in the constructio, energy and shipping industry.
The benefits of rope access are as follows:
Rapid installation and removal of access systems
Minimal disturbance to building occupants/pedestrians/traffic flow
No effect on building security whilst work is in progress
Single point of contact undertakes both the access problem and the task
Safe and practical solutions to access problems up to any height
The Key Factor: Use of rope access can generate savings of up to 75%!
Is it safe?
Industrial rope access is potentially hazardous, but the hazards can be identified and the risks managed in order to produce a safe system of work. In the UK, industrial rope access boasts the best safety statistics in the entire access industry. IRATA and the Health and Safety Executive are working closely together to ensure that this continues.
Why Vital Access?
We are not the only rope access company in the UK. Many of our competitors, whilst perhaps struggling to beat us on price, will carry out a good job, why are we any different?
Answer: Customer service.
We have a client return rate of over 60% (given that a fair proportion of the remaining 40% will be one-off users). We undertake to turn up at the time we say, do the job we're supposed to do and leave a clean and tidy site, within the agreed budget. We liase fully with the client at all times - good passage of information is key to a successful relationship. Our personnel are professional and motivated - our equipment maintained to the highest levels.
Please see our Guarantee in About Vital Access.